- National President Elizabeth A. Jones Participates in U.S. Dept. of Labor Panel
President Jones will be participating on a panel with the U.S. Department of Labor – Women’s Bureau on August 24, 2022, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM ET. Title: Equity in the Workplace: Black Women – Breaking the Glass Door and Claiming a Seat at the Table.
During Labor Rights Week and Breastfeeding Awareness month the DOL will host a joint agency event where participants can learn about the many DOL resources and protections available for women throughout their careers, from students to retirement. Please share the attached flyer with our members.
Date: Wednesday, August 24, 2022, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. ET / 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. PT
Title: Equity in the Workplace: Black Women – Breaking the Glass Door and Claiming a Seat at the Table
• Lenita Jacobs-Simmons, Deputy Assistant Secretary for the Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Agency (ETA)
• Katrina Jones, CEO & Founder, Advancing Equity + Inclusion
• Adrienne Bennett, President & CEO of Benkari
• Elizabeth A. Jones, President of National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Inc.
• Dr. Anna Everett, Professor Emeritus, University of California Santa Barbara
Members can share and promote the event through the following link: